OFFICE AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The Fayette Community Foundation is excited to share we are seeking applicants for the role of Office and Communications Coordinator. Please read the expectations, required competencies and skills, and how to apply below. We look forward to receiving your application!
Location: Connersville, IN
Time Commitment/Status: Full-time Non-Exempt; Office hours of 8:30a-4:00p M-F; occasional evenings and weekends may be required
Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000/yr
About the Fayette Community Foundation
The Fayette Community Foundation’s mission is to inspire a spirit of philanthropy and leadership in Fayette County to enhance the quality of life. We connect donors and nonprofit agencies to improve the quality of life in our community. We help strengthen nonprofit agencies to better respond to community needs with financial support and capacity-building programs by providing grants from our unrestricted endowment and discretionary funds as well as from donor-advised funds. The Foundation is uniquely qualified to steward the hopes and dreams of the people that care deeply about an organization or cause by carrying out donors’ philanthropic visions after they are gone.
Job Description Summary
The Office and Communications Coordinator is a valued member of the Fayette Community Foundation and supports its effectiveness and efficiency by managing key office tasks such as: overseeing office interactions, responding to requests and questions, sending emails, managing supplies, maintaining our social media presence, and other tasks supporting the work of the Foundation team.
A successful candidate will be both people- and process-oriented, able to serve as the first positive Foundation contact with the public as well as develop and follow detailed procedures. The candidate will observe a high level of confidentiality and respect for others when dealing with sensitive and private personal and financial information. A candidate who is motivated by innovation and comfortable with change is ideal.
- Promote the mission of the Fayette Community Foundation and the support of Fayette County, Indiana in and outside the office.
- Core Administrative Services:
- Schedule and document meeting
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Reception duties
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Financial and Data Management Tasks:
- Gift and data entry
- Oversight of gift receipting and acknowledgement
- Preparation of various financial reports and analyses, including income and expense reports, budgets, and government reports
- Oversight of the Foundation’s annual audit and periodic national accreditation renewal processes alongside the Executive Director
- Managing invoicing, payments, and budget reconciliation
- Database management
- Communications Tasks:
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop a communications and marketing plan, including developing and maintaining a communications calendar for various marketing channels.
- Develop compelling communications for various materials and presentations, such as e-newsletters, social media posts, and blogs.
- Maintain and update, in coordination with web firm, the givetofcf.com website, ensuring information is up-to-date and accurate and reflects the Foundation’s creative approach.
- Develop designs in-house, when possible, or direct the development of design work conducted by external vendors for print pieces, such as solicitations, invitations, and event collateral.
- Maintain press clippings archive and scan news sources for relevant information related to the Foundation.
As members of a small, flexible team, all staff work collaboratively with one another on various projects, programs, and tasks. Therefore, there may be other duties assigned not listed in this description.
- Integrity – Shares complete and accurate information, maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments, adheres to organizational and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Professionalism – Demonstrate personal accountability and effective work habits and understand the impact of behavior and communication on the professional image of the Foundation.
- Respect for Persons – Affirm and reinforce mutual respect, responsibility, and caring; seek to be helpful, trustworthy, and considerate of others on the team. Appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals, so that they can work effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, background, and motivation.
- Confidentiality – Handle employee and public data and inquiries with sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attend to details and pursue quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Organization – Define tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, while ensuring the optimal use of resources to achieve those objectives.
- Computer and Technology Proficiency – Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate to Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), email and calendaring systems, and electronic document management systems (Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc).
- Communication – Communicate effectively, establish and maintain working professional relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds, and demonstrate respect for varied perspectives and experiences.
- Interpersonal Skills – Notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others. Listen attentively to people’s ideas and concerns and understand the interests and concerns of others.
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making – Take initiative, work independently as needed, and solve problems.
- Data Management and Reporting Skills – Accurately input data into database and identify, collect, and organize data for analysis and decision-making.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- A current or past Fayette County, Indiana resident would be preferred.
Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet motivated people who align with the Fayette Community Foundation’s mission and can contribute to the future success of Fayette County, Indiana.
- Flexible, professional office environment
- 3% employer retirement contribution after waiting period
- Earned Time Off
- Sick days
- Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
How to Apply:
Please submit PDF’s of both of the following:
- Brief Cover letter explaining:
- Your interest in the position
- Why you would be a good fit for the role
- Why you would like to join the Fayette Community Foundation team
- List of 2 Professional References (include name, title, phone number, and email address)
Email all documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by Thursday, October 12th and will be reviewed as they are received.
The Fayette Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.