Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
2022 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program (LECSP) is administered statewide by Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) and locally in Fayette County through the Fayette Community Foundation. The program is open to all Fayette County residents who:
- graduate from an accredited Indiana high school by 2022 and receive their diploma no later than June 30, 2022; and
- intend to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study at an eligible college or university in Indiana;
The primary purposes of LECSP are:
1) to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana;
2) to increase awareness of the beneficial roles Indiana community foundations can play in their communities; and
3) to encourage and support the efforts of current and past Lilly Endowment Community Scholars to engage with each other and with Indiana business, governmental, educational, nonprofit and civic leaders to improve the quality of life in Indiana generally and in local communities throughout the state.
July 26, 2021 – Application Opens!
August 22, 2021 – Application due
October 12, 2021 – Finalists Meet and Greet Event
October 14, 2021 – Finalists Interviews
December, 2021 – Recipient notified
In order to further the primary purposes of LECSP the Fayette Community Foundation is looking for a well rounded individual to represent Fayette County in the 25th Cohort of scholars. The written application is worth 50% of the overall score and includes the following criteria: Academic Achievement, Volunteering and Community Engagement, Extracurricular Activities, Awards and Honors, Recommendations, Special Circumstances, and Essay Responses. Finalists will be invited to participate in an In-Person Interview and Presentation that will constitute the other 50% of the overall score.