We do not fund:
- Operating deficits
- Operating Support (Salaries, Utilities, Rent/Mortgage)
- Annual fund campaigns
- Propaganda, political or otherwise, attempting to influence litigation or intervene in any political affairs or campaigns on behalf of any candidate for public office so as to endanger the charitable nature of the community trust
- Public school services required by state law
- Standard instructional or regular operation costs of non-public schools
- Repeat funding of projects previously supported by the Foundation
- Purchase a house or facility
- Travel purposes
- For profit organizations
- Any purpose not in conformity with the IRS constraints placed on the Foundation
- Sponsorship of events / pass through funding / offsetting costs of memberships or activities
- Programs or projects that do not support the current mission of the Foundation
- Applicants without a physical location, mailing address, or chapter located within Fayette County
Faith-based organizations may apply as long as the project does not mandate participation in a religious activity as a condition for receiving services.
In the case of an organization seeking funds to help individuals in a recovery process, the community organization must be or be in partnership with a national or state licensed or certified program.
The Foundation operates without discrimination as to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability or that perceived as a disability in consideration of grant requests. Likewise the Foundation does not knowingly support programs that negatively discriminate based on the aforementioned factors.