The Fayette Community Foundation is excited to share we are seeking applicants for the role of Office Manager. This is a part-time (25 hours/week) salaried role. Please read the expectations, required competencies and skills, and how to apply below.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Location: Connersville, IN
Reports to: Executive Director
Time Commitment/Status: Part-time, non-exempt (25 hrs/week) M-F
Salary Range: $22,000 – $23,000
Job Description Summary
The Office Manager is a valued member of the Fayette Community Foundation and supports its effectiveness and efficiency by managing key office tasks such as: overseeing office procedures, responding to requests and questions, sending emails, managing supplies, entering gifts, paying invoices, and other tasks supporting the work of the Foundation team.
A successful candidate will be both people- and process-oriented, able to serve as the first positive Foundation contact with the public as well as develop and follow detailed procedures. The candidate will observe a high level of confidentiality and respect for others when dealing with sensitive and private personal and financial information. A candidate who is motivated by innovation and comfortable with modern technology is ideal.
Promote the mission of the Fayette Community Foundation and the support of Fayette County, Indiana in and outside the office.
Office Management Tasks:
- Scheduling and documentation of meetings
- Maintaining office supplies, including ordering and stocking the office with necessary items, food, consumables, etc. for everyday use as well as in preparation for Foundation meetings and events.
- Coordinating routine building maintenance
- Provide reception duties/administrative support to staff, board members, and community guests
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail in a timely manner
- Browsing local papers and clipping or downloading relevant articles regarding FCF and upload into database
Financial and Reporting Tasks
- Oversight of charitable gift and data entry
- Preparing various financial reports and analyses, including income and expense reports, budgets, and government reports
- Overseeing the Foundation’s annual audit, tax preparation, and periodic national accreditation renewal process alongside the Executive Director and contracted professional services
- Managing invoicing and payments
- Processing scholarship and grant payments
Data and Process Management Tasks:
- Serving as a key manager of cloud-based database
- Providing support to the Executive Director and Foundation staff for various tasks such as board meeting agenda creation, large postal mailings, recurring Foundation events, etc.
- Maintaining updated constituent data
- Managing electronic and paper version of fund documents
- Integrity – Shares complete and accurate information, maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments, adheres to organizational and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Professionalism – Demonstrate personal accountability and effective work habits and understand the impact of behavior and communication on the professional image of the Foundation.
- Respect for Persons – Affirm and reinforce mutual respect, responsibility, and caring and seek to be helpful, trustworthy, and considerate of others on the team. Appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals, so that they can work effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, background and motivation.
- Confidentiality – Handle employee and public data and inquiries with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
- Attention to Detail – Diligently attend to details and pursue quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Organization – Define tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, while ensuring the optimal use of resources to achieve those objectives.
- Computer and Technology Proficiency – Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate to Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), email and calendaring systems, and electronic document management systems (Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc).
- Communication – Communicate effectively, establish and maintain working professional relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds, and demonstrate respect for varied perspectives and experiences.
- Interpersonal Skills – Notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others. Listen attentively to people’s ideas and concerns and understand the interests and concerns of others.
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making – Take initiative, work independently as needed, and solve problems.
- Data Management and Reporting Skills – Accurately input data into database and identify, collect, and organize data for analysis and decision-making.
- High school diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred
- A current or past Fayette County, Indiana resident would be preferred.
Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet motivated people who align with the Fayette Community Foundation’s mission and can contribute to the future success of Fayette County, Indiana.
- Flexible, professional office environment
- 3% employer retirement contribution after waiting period
- Earned Time Off
- Paid vacation days
- Sick days
This position is not eligible for medical insurance benefits.
How to Apply:
Please submit ALL THREE of the following:
- Short letter explaining:
Your interest in the position
Why you would be a good fit for the role
Why you would like to join the Fayette Community Foundation team
- List of 2 Professional References (include name, title, phone number, and email address)
Email materials to email@example.com.
Applications are due by Sunday, November 27th and will be reviewed as they are received.
The Fayette Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.